Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Phyllo is a data gateway to access creator platform data. Phyllo builds the underlying infrastructure that connects to every creator platform, maintains a live data feed to the systems these platforms use to manage creators' data and provides a normalised data set so that businesses can make use of creators' data in a way that is simple yet impactful.
We are scaling our engineering teams throughout 2022 and looking for multiple world-class Senior Engineers to come and join the Phyllo rocketship!
We are backed by reputed investors and have raised a $15M Series A from RTP Global, Nexus Venture Partners and top angels from Facebook, Teachable, Coinbase and more.
More info at:
About the Role:
As an Engineer on the Backend Platform Team, you'll contribute to building the core product experiences and infrastructure powering our flagship data aggregator platform, which directly impacts millions of creators each day. This is a unique opportunity for an engineer and strong collaborator who can work with talented people in product, design, and engineering to help build our next-generation creator’s products. It's a very high impact role where you will interface with all major product & platform teams at Phyllo, building out the core platform experiences. Part of the core team and responsible for end to end development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven record of designing and implementing large scale distributed systems.
- Experience in designing and building backward compatible REST or GraphQL APIs.
- At least 2+ years relevant engineering experience.
- Experience with Python, Go, or Java (bonus points for more than one).
- Detailed problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Contribute towards modelling and building storage layer.
- Have the ability to write clean, effective code is a must and drill deep on technical implementation.
- Self-driven to identify opportunities to make things better and efficient.
- Ability to work in high growth and rapidly scaling startup.
- Experience designing and deploying high performance, highly scalable distributed systems with extensive monitoring and logging practices.
- Passion for driving continual improvement initiatives on engineering standard methodologies like coding, testing or monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high-quality product features on schedule.
- Experience in implementing complex projects with multiple dependencies.
- Experience cross-collaborating with multiple teams to drive impact.
- Background in distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL).
- Ability to decompose complex problems into clean, extensible, performant services and systems.
- Remote first company
- International environment
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Options
- Flexible vacation leave
- Laptop of your choice
Phyllo embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.